When it comes to web hosting there are various types of options to select from. One of such is WordPress Hosting and it is gaining a lot of popularity in the recent times. Choosing the best WordPress hosting for your website is always a difficult task as there are a lot of alternatives available online. Especially for the beginners, it is quite daunting as it requires some knowledge about different factors to consider prior to the selection of your web host. To get the best of all, your decision should be based on your specific requirements such as website type, budget, time span, etc. Therefore, it is very important to make the right choice.
Our Top 3 Picks
Best WordPress Hosting Companies
It is mandatory to compare different web hosts carefully keeping in mind your basic requirements and advanced features. However, we are here to help you out and give a brief description of different WordPress Hosting sites with its pros and cons. Unlike other reviews, the list contains various options rather than mentioning only the ‘best’ web host. It will surely be of great assistance in deciding what fits your budget and is beneficial for your type of websites. Without further ado, let’s begin with the list of best WordPress Hosting Sites in today’s time.
Best Overall – WPEngine (4.9/5)
To begin with, our first entry in the list is WPEngine. When it comes to WordPress Hosting, it is the leading company. As the name implies, WPEngine supports WordPress Hosting and that’s it. Their whole focus is on the single hosting and that’s what makes it special. Also, they tend to beat the others by a margin.
It is a great choice for the beginners as well as the web developers with a little amount of knowledge. WPEngine is an absolute source to power huge sites without any peer pressure on their servers. They have a solid infrastructure, extraordinary staff for the customer support, and speedy servers. Currently, they are having more than 220,000 active WordPress installations which makes them a powerhouse in the WordPress Hosting market. It offers some great plans with excellent packages ranging between different prices from $29 to $249 per month.
Let’s have a look at some of the pros and cons of WPEngine.
- Speed and performance: It gets you the top speeds without messing the layered caching plugins.
- Customer support: Sells managed to host, hence support is core to their value offering live chat, email, and phone facilities.
- Security: Automatic backups on regular basis and tackles a lot of security issues on a large scale.
- Pricing on value: Their plans may sound expensive, but they are worth the money spent.
- Hosting Features: Advanced Hosting features, helpful for non-developers.
- Initial complexity: It takes time to give their customers what they have promised.
- High price: Relatively higher than what others offer.
Most Reliable – DreamHost (4.8/5)
The second on the list is Dreamhost. It has a unique recognition in the world of WordPress Hosting as it offers both, shared as well as managed WordPress Hosting. Also, there is a single payment structure for both types of hosting plans. Managed Hosting is easily a better option but the advanced features come at some cost which may not fit everyone’s budget.
The managed web hosting is known as DreamPress, aiming especially at the WordPress Hosting and various plugins. A scalable service provider allowing its users to manage their sites with a simple pricing structure and additional benefits of server robustness, caching, and memory. It also comes, by default, installed with a ‘Let’s encrypt’ certificate without asking for your money. The purchase of DreamPress plan adds a caching layer called Varnish which comes with a static IP and helps to scale a lot of traffic at once.
Here are some pros and cons of using Dreamhost.
- Reliable and fast: Speedy servers with an uptime guarantee of 100%.
- Customer support: Excellent support with the live chat, active forum, and phone availability.
- Unlimited services: Offers unlimited: data storage, bandwidth, hosting sites, domains (including subdomains), and MySQL databases.
- Money back guarantee: Unlike others, it offers a 97-day money back guarantee in case something goes wrong.
- Extra cost for many things: It asks for more money for some features in its dashboard.
- Text-based CPanel: Not really helpful in some cases for beginners.
Best Features – InMotion (4.7/5)
InMotion is surely one of the huge names in the hosting industry. Unlike others, it doesn’t offer you a few plans. It has a wide range of plans fitting the needs of small bloggers including beginners to big businesses. InMotion is meant for everyone and covers from small to big blogs. Also, there is a great sense of flexibility to choose your plan and upgrade or downgrade accordingly.
Currently, it offers six different WordPress Hosting plans. Even the base plans of InMotion are better than normal plans of many different hosting companies. Upgrading your plans to the next level gives you many benefits as you get an access to different themes as well as plugin subscriptions which saves you from spending extra money on the extensions. Moreover, the servers are quite reliable and you will enjoy a high-speed interface.
Let’s have a look at the pros and the cons of InMotion Hosting.
- Key features: Even the low-end plans of the company have all the key features which other companies offer in their premium plans.
- Hosting performance and speed: Good performance in both the given parameters.
- Uptime Guarantee: 99.97% guarantee of keeping your site up on the regular basis, which is quite impressive.
- cPanel: Easy to use interface with no separate login. It is there on the accounts dashboard.
- Linux Based: No use of high-speed servers and high performance if you are looking for Windows OS.
- Expensive: The plans are a bit expensive than what other companies offer.
The Ultimate UnderDog – Kinsta (4.6/5)
Kinsta is not a popular name but it has a market of its own for WordPress Hosting. It has a managed platform for the purpose of WordPress Hosting but unlike others who just claim to deliver ‘managed’ services, Kinsta delivers what it promises. They focus on almost everything related to management leaving nothing on the shoulders of developers.
To support its efficiency, it runs on the Google Cloud Platform and offers three different hosting solutions: Business, Enterprise, and Custom. Even the basic plan of Kinsta gives you a free access to 5GB SSD Storage and 50GB server bandwidth. Also, it gives you an offer of migrating a site from a previous plan to the new plan for free. In addition to this, you can easily install an SSL certificate from its WordPress Hosting admin panel.
Here are some of the pros and the cons of Kinsta.
- Hosting Platform: Easy to use interface and makes the use of the biggest hosting platform in the world i.e. Google Cloud Platform.
- Performance: Kinsta WordPress is an optimized performer and capable of handling any amount of traffic.
- Security: Automated backups at the regular intervals and a great security system backing up its servers.
- Intuitive dashboard: MyKinsta, the cPanel of Kinsta WordPress Hosting, is a suite of some amazing features.
- No domain registration & email hosting: It is a major drawback for all the shared Hosting habitual users as there is facility no domain registration and email hosting. Instead, it has a G Suite which makes the use of Google applications.
Most Loved – SiteGround (4.6/5)
There are a few Hosting sites which get an official recommendation from WordPress’ official website. Siteground is one of such websites which is asked by the WordPress, to make use of their hosting services. With thousands of happy customers, Siteground continues providing the best available features in its hosting plans. WordPress Hosting is offered at a genuine price making it easy for the young bloggers as well as web developers.
The basic start-up plan of Siteground begins at only $3.95 per month covering almost every key features which are offered by many companies in their premium plans. Moreover, it comes with a reliable WordPress Hosting saving an enormous amount of time as well as money. You do not need to spend money on any kind of extras such as plugins as they are included in their plans. There are three different tiers of plans named Startup, GrowBig, and GoGeek.
Let’s take a look at some of the pros and the cons of Siteground.
- Premium features: In-built WordPress installer on one click which makes it easy for everyone. Also, it offers WordPress staging which is quite rare at such a price.
- Price: Relatively cheaper than other hosting options available in the market.
- Support: Knowledgeable staff coming from a good background who are always ready to face challenges.
- Migration: It’s easy to migrate from your existing platform to the server of Siteground.
- Domains: There are no free domains and their registration with the purchase of any hosting plans. You have to spend extra for them.
- Long time span: Test shortest billing time is 12 months, which is a pretty long in length.
Fastest Servers – A2Hosting (4.5/5)
Even though the company is new in the business of WordPress hosting considering it comes into the niche recently since it was founded in 2001. However, they gained the fame in past few years only and that too for its WordPress Hosting. In comparison with other similar web hosts, it claims to be 20 times faster. It delivers such speed to some extent which makes it an excellent performer.
In the recent times, their uptime guarantee has fallen to 99.90% which was full 100% earlier. To be accurate, it has been only 2 hours downtime in the past 3 recorded months. Also, a live chat support to back up their customers’ queries as well as an active ticket system. It is a great system with easy to understand responses in the best possible manner.
Let’s have a look at some pros and cons of A2 Hosting.
- Speed: As it claims, the fastest WordPress Hosting in the world. Also, the servers are stable.
- Unlimited features: Unlimited storage, data transfer, websites, and databases.
- Money back guarantee: They give you a money back guarantee, so whenever you are unsatisfied with their services you can opt out for a withdrawal from their subscription.
- Security: A special HackScan for perpetual security purposes to avoid customers’ data from the third-party virus.
- Uptime: Relatively weaker uptime than other mentioned alternatives.
All the above mentioned are our top recommendations if you are looking for a solid WordPress Hosting which is capable of solving all your problems and covers the basic requirements. However, there is a price for everything which is good. It may or may not fit your budget but if you want to get similar features while spending a lesser amount then here is a list of some relatively cheaper WordPress Hosting sites. Without further ado, let’s begin with the list.
Budget Friendly #1 – BlueHost (4.4/5)
Another cheap alternative for the purpose of WordPress Hosting is Bluehost. It is one of the best professional level web hosts in the business currently. It is easily known for its plans coming under budget delivering the demanding features and taking care of the huge amount of traffic at once. To attain this status, it has created its own infrastructure based on VPS to provide optimum WordPress performance to its customers.
In other words, if you are an amateur player in the business then the custom PHP-FPM setup known as NGINX will optimize the plan for you instead of going with the standard configuration. Moreover, the concept is straightforward with their plans as they do not offer any unlimited services. They clearly mention in their plans what they are offering and what they are not. Also, there are some premium features such as SiteLock pro to emphasize its security manners and keep the website malware free.
Here are some pros and cons of BlueHost WordPress Hosting.
- Security: SiteLock Pro keeps the sites malware free and its CDN optimizes performance.
- Managed WP: Ability to manage different sites at once with the help of Managed WP.
- Reliable: Quite reliable with a great uptime guarantee backing up its servers.
- Support: Various options including live chat, ticket system, and phone.
- Plugins: Currently, Bluehost doesn’t install additional plugins on its own.
- Money-back guarantee: Unlike others, it has a very short period money back guarantee of only 30 days.
Budget Friendly #2 – HostGator (4.3/5)
Out of the numerous Hosting sites in the business currently, HostGator has its own reputation. It is a renowned name in the hosting industry, especially for its WordPress Hosting. They offer WordPress Hosting plans attached with a cloud platform. If we compare it with other sites, it is relatively newer in the WordPress niche. Only a few years ago, its WordPress Cloud Hosting plans came into existence.
Furthermore, if anyone is not satisfied with its services, it offers a 45-day money back guarantee. You can make use of it in case you are disappointed with its performance. However, there will be no such issue as Hostgator is a reliable performer in the business. The personnel is quite knowledgeable and efficient. Furthermore, you get a free domain privacy which gives you a room against any kind of identity theft and lessens the spam.
Here are some of the pros and the cons of HostGator WordPress Hosting.
- Migration: Free migration is available for your ongoing websites from old servers to the new servers.
- Security: Automated system backups on the regular intervals. Also, automatic malware detection and its removal.
- Price: Decent plans with the price range starting from $5.95
- CDN: Availability of smart caching and CDN improves the performance of your website, giving you a better experience.
- cPanel: Control Panel of HostGator is quite complexed as there are a lot of options in its menu.
Budget Friendly #3 – GreenGeeks (4.3/5)
The list doesn’t end here as the next entry in the list is GreenGeeks. Even though, it is a young performer, if we compare it with others, it has a solid recognition in the market. You can easily make use of its available WordPress tools and enjoy a next-level experience of WordPress Hosting on your site. The 1-click WordPress Installer is of great help as it makes it easier for the newbies to manage their websites and blogs.
Also, the young bloggers and entrepreneurs have a decent preference so GreenGeeks is a good option to consider. It gives a relief from manual customization and the site is ready for use in a few minutes of installation. Furthermore, it comes with a pre-installed Git and WP-CLI to emphasize the performance of your website. The basic WordPress hosting plans of GreenGeeks are good than those offered by other companies at the similar price which is not very high. It fits perfectly in the budget of almost everyone.
Let’s take a look at some of the pros and the cons of GreenGeeks.
- Customers support: 24/7 availability of the staff on the phone as well as email support and live chat feature.
- Security: Daily backups are taken to avoid any uncertainty of data theft.
- Domain availability: Their Hosting plans come with a free domain and the name registration.
- Money back guarantee: Very short period of time as the money back guarantee lasts for a month only.
- Speed: There is no additional speed optimization which is a huge drawback for such hosting.
Things To Consider Before Buying A WordPress Hosting Package
There are plenty of suggestions and reviews given online by the people who call themselves the tech experts. However, you should not believe what anyone says and calls any specific web hosting as the best. Give a thorough reading and decide accordingly as your whole business will be hosted by them. The best way is to try yourself as most of the companies offer a money back guarantee which helps a lot in the selection of the web host for your websites.
There are some factors about which you should have known before buying their hosting plans.
Monthly cost: It must fit your budget and also notice what is included in the plan and what is not.
Space: The capacity of the platform matters a lot. The amount of physical storage on the server is basically the space we are talking about.
Sites: The number of websites you are allowed to run on your servers under different plans.
Domains: Free domains and their registration availability.
Marketing options: Various incentives such as free Google AdWords or Facebook advertising vouchers.
However, there are different preferences for everyone and the mentioned factors may have different values for everyone. It depends on their website type as well as other requirements to consider the various factors.
Wrapping Things Up
It is always great to know that there are various alternatives nowadays in comparison with those available a decade ago. There is no dark period for WordPress Hosting anymore as numerous sites are taking initiative to step forward and provide the best possible services. The list mentioned above consists of the best options you can get in today’s time if you want to select a host for your WordPress Hosting. All the given web hosts are perfect in their respective fields and you can select one depending upon your desires and budget.
Do you have a better alternative? Tell us in the comments section given below. If you have any questions regarding the above sites, please feel free to contact us.